We Ship Fast!
Order by 1PM CST for Same Day Shipping (Mon-Fri)
AT3™ PROMOD-K Keymod AR-15 Free Float Handguard – 10”, 12”, & 15” Lengths
All AT3 Tactical Brand Products carry a lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
This includes AT3 Red Dot Sights, Handguards, Iron Sights, and any other product that carries the “AT3 Tactical” or “AT3™” name. For other brands (ex. Magpul or Troy), please refer to the manufacturer’s warranty policy.
In the event that your AT3™ product becomes unusable, we will repair or replace the product at no charge to you.
If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition. The warranty is fully transferable, but we may require information about the original purchase to validate the authenticity of the product.
If your product is in need of warranty service, please contact AT3 Tactical to start the process
Our contact info is available here. To expedite processing, please provide your order information and description of the defect.
Please note: The AT3 Lifetime Warranty does not cover loss, theft, intentional damage or cosmetic damage that doesn’t affect the performance of the product.
You will receive fast, free shipping for all orders over $50
Shipping cost is $7.99 for orders under $50. We ship with UPS or USPS, depending on the item.
Most orders received by 1pm CST ship the same day
You will receive an email with tracking information at the time of shipment. To expedite shipping, we may ship your order from multiple warehouses. Orders placed on weekends, holidays, or after 1pm will ship the following business day.
The AT3 PROMOD-K is a lightweight, durable, and easy-to-install Keymod AR-15 handguard at a price that won’t break the bank.
The slim free-float design adds minimal weight while enhancing accuracy by keeping stress off the barrel. With its simple clamp-on design and 10”, 12” or 15” lengths, the PROMOD-K is the perfect upgrade for your existing rifle, or the centerpiece of your next AR-15 build.
Lightweight & Durable
- Unique lightweight, slim design with Keymod attachment points at the 3, 6, 9, & 12 o’clock positions
- Rock-solid 6061 aircraft aluminum handguard that withstands the harshest treatment
- Top rail aligns with AR-15 flat-top upper receivers for perfect alignment of optics, iron sights, and other accessories
- Handguard clamps securely onto the included steel barrel nut using steel mounting hardware to assure a secure fit with zero movement
- Backed by the AT3 Lifetime Warranty
Impeccable Fit and Finish
- Stealthy matte-black anodized finish provides a durable corrosion-resistant surface that matches your existing parts.
- Precision CNC milled Keymod and MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rail slots assure proper fit for all your accessories
- Machined vent holes reduce weight and keep the handguard cool, even after a long day at the range.
- One 5-slot Keymod-to-Picatinny rail section included
- Simply install the barrel nut to the proper spec and clamp on the handguard – no “timing” or shims required.
- Easily upfit your handguard with Keymod accessories – compatible with all Keymod products including rail sections, forward grips, rail panels, and more.
- Installation questions? Check out the installation instructions for the PROMOD-K handguard
IMPORTANT NOTE – the included barrel nut requires a 29mm or 1 3/16″ wrench (not included). We recommend using a standard 8” length crescent wrench, 29mm or 1 3/16″ box wrench, or 29mm / 1 3/16″ crowfoot with torque wrench.
- Full kit – includes all mounting hardware and 1 Keymod 5-Slot Rail section – all included parts pictured below
- Most rifle setups will require the use of a low profile gas block that sits under the handguard.
Included in the box:
- Handguard with steel barrel nut and all mounting hardware
- 5-slot keymod-to-picatinny rail
- Hex wrenches for handguard and rail sections
- Rifle Type: AR-15 (If you have a .308 AR variant, check out our AR-10 / .308 page)
- Material: 6061 Aircraft Aluminum
- Included Rail Section: One Piece Aluminum Picatinny Rail Section – 3 3/8” Length, 5 slots
- Finish: Hard-coat anodized (matte black)
- Handguard inside diameter: 1 5/16”
- Barrel nut inside diameter: 1.02” (compatible with barrels up to 1” diameter)
- 10″ Handguard – 5.4oz (handguard only) / 9.7oz (handguard barrel nut)
- 12″ Handguard – 6.1oz (handguard only) / 10.4oz (handguard barrel nut)
- 15″ Handguard – 7.3oz (handguard only) / 11.6oz (handguard barrel nut)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will this fit my AR-15?
This handguard will work with the majority of mil-spec AR-15’s on the market. In most instances, it will also require the use of a low-profile gas block that fits underneath the rail.
This product will not work with non milspec upper receivers like the Bushmaster Carbon due to the non-standard barrel threads, and it is not compatible with most piston kits as they won’t fit under the handguard.
We’re always glad to verify the fit for your rifle, just contact us! And if it doesn’t fit, we are glad to return it for you. And if you’re new to AR-15, we recommend watching a couple of the videos on our installation video page to understand how the process works.
What tools and additional parts are required?
For parts – most setups will require a low profile gas block.
For tools – we recommend:
- A vise and non-marring vise block for holding the upper
- A 29mm wrench (an 8” crescent wrench will work, or a 29mm box wrench, or 29mm crowfoot wrench with torque wrench)
- A torque wrench can be also be used to assure you stay in the AR-15 barrel nut torque range (30-80 ft lbs). Since this range is quite wide, a torque wrench may not be needed, but is recommended if you’re not experience in torquing AR-15 barrel nuts.
Have Questions About this Product?
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
You can’t go wrong with this hand guard. You won’t be disappointed . Looks awesome on my A P F ( Alex pro firearm) . The price on this hand guard is really reasonable. I will continue to buy from AT3 .
Very nice product! I would definitely buy it again.
Unit came in quickly, unfortunately the rail had blemishes, still a very good system.
I have quite a few products from AT3, and I've been 100% happy with all of them, accept this one. I own the Spear hand guard and the fit and finish is great. So when I ordered the ProMod, I expected the same. The general design looks good, however, the mounting screws protrude out of both sides of the hand guard, way out! The screw that prevents forward slip has a wedge shaped nut that also sticks outside the hand guard. Why all of these screws aren't counter sunk like the Spear, I'll never know. Also, unlike the Spear, the edges aren't nice and smooth, which isn't that big of a deal if you're using rail covers. Down load the website image and blow it up. You'll see everything I'm referring to. If I had really examined it closer, I would have simply purchased another Spear. The style is great, but those " Big" screws sticking out so much, ruins it for me.
I am beyond satisfied with my hamdguard. The circumference is just right for my hands and it feels like it could hold up to some good abuse. I will buy from AT3 on my coming hunting AR build.