Eotech has done it again by making the best even better in the EXPS3 series.
There are 3 Reticle Choices available:
- The classic 65MOA circle with 1 MOA aiming dot
- 65MOA circle with (2) 1 MOA aiming dots, for basic .223 bullet drop compensation
- 4-dot .223 Ballistic Reticle - calibrated for bullet drop of the M4 carbine at long ranges (designed to be ideally used with a magnifier)
Offering true 2 eyes open shooting, a transversly mounted lithium 123 battery, and 7 mm raised base offering iron sight access, the new Extreme-XPS (EXPS) features easy to adjust side buttons and an adjustable, locking, quick detach lever for easy attachment and removal.
- Single transverse 123 battery to reduce sight length - requires at most 2 3/4 inch of rail space
- Battery cap and latch are eliminated and replaced with a simple O-ring, tethered cap; better sealing is achieved
- Battery compartment separated from the base to allow it to hover over the delta ring of the rifle
- Average battery life at brightness level 12 is roughly 500-600 hours
- Side buttons, NV compatible with an adjustable, locking, quick detach lever for easy attachment and removal
- Provides lower 1/3 cowitness with AR-15 iron sights. For absolute cowitness, see the XPS line of sights.
- Optics: Transmission holography - parallax free
- Magnification: 1x
- Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Length/Width/Height: 3.5"x2.4"x2.8" (91.4X 60.9x71mm)
- Weight: 11.2 oz (317grams)
- Temperature: -40 to 150 F
- Waterproof: Submersible to 33 ft depth
- Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
- Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2" at 100 yds)
- Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
- Mount: 1" Weaver or (MIL-STD-1913) rail. Adjustable for width variation
- Return to Zero: Repeatable to within 2 MOA after re-mounting
- Night Vision Compatibility: 10 brightness setting (generation I-III+)
- Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
- Window Dimensions: 1.20" x 0.85" (30 x 23mm)
- Front Window Material: 1/8" solid glass
- Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16" thick)
- Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4" eye relief
- Brightness Adjustment Range: 146,000:1 brightest to lowest
- Night Vision Brightness Range: 1280:1 with NV switch engaged
- Power Source: (1) 123 lithium battery
- Battery Life: 600 continuous hours at nominal setting 12
- Brightness Settings: 30 settings with scrolling feature (10 settings for NV use)
- Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
- Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs
Have Questions About this Product?Ask Us Now
Got the sight, put it on my rifle, attempted to begin to sight it in, but the up/down did not work at all. I sat there for probably 5 minutes turning it "down" and it didn't move at all. I even spent a good while turning it the other way just in case it was backwards and it still didn't move. Left/right worked just fine. But the sight is so high up you can barely see it while its on the rifle. It might be a good sight if it functioned, but you pay $600 for a sight, you kind of expect it to at least show up with knobs that work.
I now own 4 of this model, 2 on M-4s and 2 on POF .308s. Super fast target acquisition with super fast follow-up shots. You get what you pay for and once you use it, you'll understand.
Thanks for the great product. Going to order the G-33 later today.