We Ship Fast!
Order by 1PM CST for Same Day Shipping (Mon-Fri)
OPEN BOX RETURN AT3™ PROMOD-K Keymod AR-15 Free Float Handguard – 15” Length
We have a 90-day no-hassle return policy. We pay return shipping.
If you need to request a return, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a return label
After 90 days, defective items will still be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, where applicable.
Please refer to the product listing for warranty details. If you have specific warranty questions, contact us at email@example.com. We may direct you to pursue your warranty claim directly with the manufacturer.
Your satisfaction is our #1 priority
If you’re dissatisfied with your purchase, in any way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we will do our best to make it right.
You will receive fast, free shipping for all orders over $50
Shipping cost is $7.99 for orders under $50. We ship with UPS or USPS, depending on the item.
Most orders received by 1pm CST ship the same day
You will receive an email with tracking information at the time of shipment. To expedite shipping, we may ship your order from multiple warehouses. Orders placed on weekends, holidays, or after 1pm will ship the following business day.
Opened box return – product is brand new and unused but packaging may have signs of use.
The AT3 PROMOD-K is a lightweight, durable, and easy-to-install Keymod AR-15 handguard at a price that won’t break the bank.
The slim free-float design adds minimal weight while enhancing accuracy by keeping stress off the barrel. With its simple clamp-on design and 15” length, the PROMOD-K is the perfect upgrade for your existing rifle, or the centerpiece of your next AR-15 build.
Lightweight & Durable
- Unique lightweight, slim design with Keymod attachment points at the 3, 6, 9, & 12 o’clock positions
- Rock-solid 6061 aircraft aluminum handguard that withstands the harshest treatment
- Top rail aligns with AR-15 flat-top upper receivers for perfect alignment of optics, iron sights, and other accessories
- Handguard clamps securely onto the included steel barrel nut using steel mounting hardware to assure a secure fit with zero movement
Impeccable Fit and Finish
- Stealthy matte-black anodized finish provides a durable corrosion-resistant surface that matches your existing parts.
- Precision CNC milled Keymod and MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rail slots assure proper fit for all your accessories
- Machined vent holes reduce weight and keep the handguard cool, even after a long day at the range.
- One 5-slot Keymod-to-Picatinny rail section included
- Simply install the barrel nut to the proper spec and clamp on the handguard – no “timing” or shims required.
- Easily upfit your handguard with Keymod accessories – compatible with all Keymod products including rail sections, forward grips, rail panels, and more.
- Installation questions? Check out the installation instructions for the PROMOD-K handguard
IMPORTANT NOTE – the included barrel nut requires a 29mm or 1 3/16″ wrench (not included). We recommend using a standard 8” length crescent wrench, 29mm or 1 3/16″ box wrench, or 29mm / 1 3/16″ crowfoot with torque wrench.
- Most rifle setups will require the use of a low profile gas block that sits under the handguard.
Included in the box:
- Handguard with steel barrel nut and all mounting hardware
- Hex wrenches for handguard
- Rifle Type: AR-15 (If you have a .308 AR variant, check out our AR-10 / .308 page)
- Material: 6061 Aircraft Aluminum
- Included Rail Section: One Piece Aluminum Picatinny Rail Section – 3 3/8” Length, 5 slots
- Finish: Hard-coat anodized (matte black)
- Handguard inside diameter: 1 5/16”
- Barrel nut inside diameter: 1.02” (compatible with barrels up to 1” diameter)
- 15″ Handguard – 7.3oz (handguard only) / 11.6oz (handguard barrel nut)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will this fit my AR-15?
This handguard will work with the majority of mil-spec AR-15’s on the market. In most instances, it will also require the use of a low-profile gas block that fits underneath the rail.
This product will not work with non milspec upper receivers like the Bushmaster Carbon due to the non-standard barrel threads, and it is not compatible with most piston kits as they won’t fit under the handguard.
We’re always glad to verify the fit for your rifle, just contact us! And if it doesn’t fit, we are glad to return it for you. And if you’re new to AR-15, we recommend watching a couple of the videos on our installation video page to understand how the process works.
What tools and additional parts are required?
For parts – most setups will require a low profile gas block.
For tools – we recommend:
- A vise and non-marring vise block for holding the upper
- A 29mm wrench (an 8” crescent wrench will work, or a 29mm box wrench, or 29mm crowfoot wrench with torque wrench)
- A torque wrench can be also be used to assure you stay in the AR-15 barrel nut torque range (30-80 ft lbs). Since this range is quite wide, is torque wrench may not be needed, but is recommended if you’re not experience in torquing AR-15 barrel nuts.