OPEN BOX RETURN
Returned items may be scuffed or scratched, packaging may be damaged. Guaranteed fully functional!
A High-Value Handguard for a Fully-Featured Upper Assembly
Lean, functional, and affordable. That’s the philosophy behind this US-made free float M-LOK handguard from Range Tool. A high value AR-15 handguard that has all the features for building the gun you want, with none of the fat to cut down on cost. For the builder on a budget or a first-time upgrader, this is a great place to start on building a better, lighter, more accurate rifle.
In spite of the cost, this handguard is feature rich. A sturdy steel barrel nut ensures rigid lockup with your upper receiver, with anti-rotation tabs for extra security. The included screws and square nuts are steel as well, perfect for getting the correct torque value when installing, without fear of stripping the threads.
Seven sides of M-LOK slots spanning nearly the entire 15 inch length ensure you’ll have all the room for accessories like lights, lasers, and bipods that you’ll need. A full-length picatinny top rail also serves as a perfect place for backup sights and pressure pads for lights.
If you’re looking for all the features that the big boys have for their handguards, this high value AR-15 handguard is a perfect upgrade for your next project.
Ounce for Ounce Value
- Free-floating your handguard will improve accuracy .5″ to .75″ MOA compared to drop-in handguards
- The slim profile and smooth finish makes the rail easy to grip for any shooter
- 6061-T6 aluminum construction retains light weight, with a steel barrel nut for rigidity
- 7 sides of M-LOK for all your favorite accessories, plus a full length picatinny top rail
- Hard coat anodized to protect against wear and tear at the range, and in the field
- Proudly made in the USA on the Minnesota Iron Range!
- The Range Tool Handguard installs in just a few steps on a forged upper receiver, with minimal tools required
- A 30mm Crow’s Foot Wrench works best for the barrel nut
- Great for upgrading a stock rifle, or starting a new upper build with the Range Tool Handguard and Upper Kit
- Once the handguard is secure, choose whatever M-LOK accessories you like to make it your own
- Check out the video below for Installing our AT3 SPEAR handguard – the Range Tool version isn’t much different!
- Use a lithium moly grease or something similar on the receiver threads and barrel nut
- Torque the barrel nut to 30-60 ft-lbs using a torque wrench
- Align the top of the handguard with the picatinny rails on your upper receiver
- When installing the nuts and screws, torque the screws to 30 inch-lbs. Use blue threadlocker if you’ve got it!
Note: most rifle setups will require the use of a low profile gas block that sits under the handguard.
Included in the box:
- 15″ M-LOK Handguard
- Steel Barrel Nut
- 2 Screws
- 2 Square Nuts
- Allen Wrench
- Rifle Type: AR-15
- Material: 6061 Aircraft Aluminum
- Finish: Hard-coat anodized (matte black)
- Handguard inside diameter: 1.38”
- Handguard outside diameter (side to side): 1.53″
- Weight: 12.7 oz. including barrel nut and hardware
- Length: 15″
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will this fit my AR-15?
The Range Tool handguard is designed for use with standard forged (AKA mil-spec) upper receivers. Most off-the-shelf AR-15s use a forged upper, so this handguard will be compatible with most rifles. If you’re going for a fresh build, check out the Range Tool Upper and Handguard Combo, and get a guaranteed fit while saving money.
It will not work with many billet uppers due to the anti-rotation tabs. It’s also incompatible with non-standard receivers like the Bushmaster Carbon due to the the different threads. Most gas piston kits will also not work due to the slim inner dimensions of the handguard. This handguard does not fit AR-10s, and cannot be adapted for such.
We’re always glad to verify the fit for your rifle, just contact us! And if it doesn’t fit, we are glad to return it for you. And if you’re new to AR-15, we recommend watching a couple of the videos on our installation video page to understand how the process works.
What tools and additional parts are required?
For parts – almost every setup will require a low profile gas block for your barrel.
For tools – we recommend:
- 30mm Crow’s Foot Wrench with 1/2 inch drive for the barrel nut
- AT3 Barrel Nut Wrench – it will work with the Range Tool barrel nut, but may be a tight fit
- A vise and non-marring vise block for holding the upper
- A torque wrench to assure you stay in the AR-15 barrel nut torque range while timing the barrel nut (30-60 ft lbs)