An affordable upgrade to the standard AR-15 trigger – ALG Defense Quality Mil-Spec (QMS) Trigger
The pull of the QMS is very similar to a standard mil-spec trigger, however the majority of the associated grittiness of the stock trigger pull has been removed while the well known reliability of a stock trigger remains. The pull weight is not lower than the M4/M16 minimum weight specification of 5.5lbs. Easy, 2-pin installation.
Trigger Bow: Curved
Trigger Type: Single Stage
Pull Weight: 6.5lbs
Performance Advantages for the Shooter
- The ALG Defense QMS trigger pull is smoother than a stock trigger. This is accomplished by honing the sear surfaces smooth while not removing metal below the valleys of the stock surface finish.
- Sear geometry has not been changed from standard so the high reliability that the stock trigger is known for is unchanged.
- Trigger and hammer are made from true 8620 alloy steel military specification castings, correctly carburized, quenched and tempered for high surface hardness.
- Disconnector is 1070 High Carbon steel properly Austempered into the spring range of hardness
- Springs are corrosion resistant and meet military specifications.
- A full force hammer spring is used for positive ignition of all type of ammunition.
- Trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild steel by using 4140 Chrome-Moly steel that has been quenched and tempered. Pins are centerless ground to a fine finish and a diameter 0.001” larger than stock to reduce play in the trigger assembly while retaining a slip fit into the weapon lower receiver.
- Pull weight is above the U.S. Military minimum pull weight of 5.5lbs but does not reach near the upper limit of 9.5lbs. Generally, the pull weight is about 6.5lbs
Advantages for the Armorer
- There is spare parts commonality between the QMS and stock triggers
- Trigger assembly parts may be interchanged between triggers, there are no matched sets.
- Since it is a trigger meeting the U.S. Military trigger specifications for the M4 Carbine, the ALG Defense QMS can be substituted for lower performing stock triggers while still staying in compliance with Unit or Departmental requirements.
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
ALG Defense Lifetime Warranty
- ALG Defense warrants its firearms, components, and tools against defects in materials and workmanship during the lifetime of the product.
- ALG Defense does not warrant against normal wear and tear, items consumed or expended by their normal use (including springs, pins, etc.), product misuse (including criminal misuse, negligence or use under the influence of drugs or alcohol), accidental damage, or damage caused by improper handling, unapproved modifications to the product, defective or improper ammunition, or corrosion.
- Defective accessories (e.g., scopes, suppressors, flash hiders, sights, slings, parts with glass or electronic components, etc.) may be warranted by their original manufacturers but are not covered by this warranty.
- If you submit a valid claim under this Limited Lifetime Warranty, ALG Defense will authorize your return of the product and, at its sole discretion, will:
- Repair the product, including replacement of defective parts with new or refurbished parts
- Replace the product with a product of equal or greater value.
- If ALG Defense decides to replace a product under this warranty, ALG Defense will keep the product being replaced.
- You must satisfy all terms and restrictions set forth in this Limited Lifetime Warranty and obtain a Return Material Authorization before shipping any product to ALG Defense.
- Before shipping any product to ALG Defense, please ensure that the following:
- The product has not been modified, is clean and any accessories have been removed (unless otherwise instructed by an ALG Defense technical support agent)
- There is no ammunition in any product or packaging
- The completed Return Material Authorization form has been placed inside the packaging
- The Return Material Authorization number has been clearly written on the outside of the packaging.
- Any failure to follow these instructions could result in your package being refused and returned to you without repairs at your expense.
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s warranty is subject to change without prior notice.
Quality product no creep works well
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase. Cheers!
I've used this trigger on a few builds. It's by far the best value trigger for the money. My build triggers usually pulled between 6 and 7 lbs, but the pull was extremely smooth and if I hadn't used the scale, I'd have never guessed it was that high a pull. Very smooth. I highly recommend this trigger for ANY build or for just a trigger upgrade. 2 thumbs up from me.
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Dan. We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase. Cheers!