Improved & Easy-To-Install Captive Buffer Weights For AR Builds
The Armaspec Sound Mitigation Buffer (SMB) Captured Gen 3 is a quick and easy replacement for your standard buffer and spring. It is designed to keep the buffer spring from rubbing against the inner wall of the buffer tube providing smooth and consistent operation as well as providing less noise when firing the weapon.
The SMB also helps significantly in reducing the felt recoil which results in an excellent return to target acquisition, giving the shooter more accurate follow-up shots.
Multiple Buffer Weights
The Armaspec Sound Mitigation Buffer (SMB) Captured Gen 3 is available in different buffer weights such as Carbine, Heavy, H2, H3, 9MM, and AR-10. (Please choose in the dropdown above for the correct buffer weight).
Note For 9MM: For proper function of the SMB in your 9mm rifle or pistol, the extra weight on the back of the bolt carrier needs to be removed. It is held in with a spring/roll pin.
- Single-stage captured drop-in replacement for your standard buffer and spring
- Reduce felt recoil
- Keep the buffer spring from rubbing against the inner wall of the buffer tube providing smooth and quiet operation
- Adjustable spring weight (*Main spring can be trimmed at .25 lbs per coil to reduce tension up to a max of 12 coils)
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Actual Weight (Complete System):
- Carbine: 4.41 oz.
- Heavy: 4.91 oz.
- H2: 5.81 oz.
- H3: 6.71 oz.
- 9MM: 9.88 oz.
- AR-10: 7.20 oz
- Equivalent Weight:
- Carbine: 3.3 oz.
- Heavy: 3.8 oz.
- H2: 4.7 oz.
- H3: 5.6 oz.
- 9MM: 6.9 oz.
- AR-10: 4.7 oz
- 1x Polymer Base Guide Rod
- 1x Spring
- 1x Buffer
- Insert polymer base with guide rod into the buffer tube.
- Insert desired spring on the guide rod.
- Insert the buffer over the spring.
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Armaspec Lifetime Warranty
- All Armaspec products carry a LIFETIME WARRANTY and are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship.
- Should there be a defect, we will repair or replace the product at our discretion at no cost to you.
- Lifetime warranty does not apply to products sold as “blemished” or “manufacturer refurbished”.
- You must have proof of purchase to initiate a WARRANTY claim.
Please email to email@example.com to request an RMA number.
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s warranty is subject to change without prior notice.
Best decision I’ve made for my AR. Ran so smooth when I took it to the range. My 16 and 10.5 was flawless. Stop scrolling and buy it
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad we are satisfied with your purchase!
Doesn’t hold my BCG locked. Slide lock catches, but then releases.
So sorry to hear about the issue, Steve. I already sent you an email to further help.
Armaspec Sound Mitigation Buffer (SMB) Captured Gen 3 - Multiple Buffer Weights Available
Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that the SMB Captured Gen 3 buffer provides a good sound experience.
No more rattle/reverb from the buffer tube! I'm putting these on all my ARs!
Thank you for the review! We're glad to hear that the SMB Captured Gen 3 buffers are effective at reducing rattles and reverb from the buffer tube.
If you want a quieter buffer system these sound mitigation buffer is a great solution.the quality was amazing and installation was super smooth.
Thank you for the great review of our Armaspec Sound Mitigation Buffer! We're glad to hear that you're pleased with the quality and installation of our product.