Faxon Firearms Match Series – 16 inch Pencil AR 15 Barrel – .223 Wylde – 5R – 416R – Nitride – Nickel Teflon Extension
Perfect Combination Of Reduced Weight & Performance
The Faxon Firearms Match Series – 16 inch Pencil Barrel – .223 Wylde is considered the most lightweight barrel in the industry and many shooters choose Faxon pencils because of its ideal balance of weight and performance.
These barrels feature a revolutionary 5R hybrid rifling that reduces jacket deformation and increases velocity. It takes advantage of the accuracy of the .223 Wylde’s strengths and translates them flawlessly downrange for results that no other barrel can produce.
Triple Stress Relieved For Optimum Performance
The Faxon Firearms .223 Wylde Pencil Stainless Steel Rifle Barrel is built from tough GBQ 416-R stainless steel with a nitride finish inside and out for enhanced resistance to corrosion and wear and an extended lifetime of use.
It is manufactured 100% in-house and goes through rigorous testing and triple stress-relieved in order to ensure durability and optimum accuracy.
Faxon’s MATCH SERIES of barrels takes our renowned performance and value up a notch.
Manufactured 100% in-house from gun-barrel-quality bar-stock, the Match Series starts with 416-R in 5R rifling. 5R is a hybrid rifling, with lands opposite grooves and reduced sharp angles that reduce jacket deformation increasing velocity, and easy cleaning. We chamber our Match Series in .223 Wylde, a hybrid chamber that the 5R rifling takes full advantage of. Better accuracy through less bullet jump, but fully and individually MPI tested for your safety. After rigorous testing, the barrels are Nitride treated inside and out, locking in the bore, improving barrel life, and keeping the elements at bay.
The extension is coated in Nickel Teflon which maintains incredible dry lubricity, corrosion resistance, and with the coating, tightens up fit between the extension and receiver – again improving upon accuracy. Combined, the Match Series of barrels are ready for when duty calls or the buzzer beeps with unrivaled performance value.
- Barrel Material: 416-R Stainless
- Barrel Type: 5R Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: .223 Wylde
- Barrel Length: 16″
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Barrel Profile: Pencil
- Barrel Gas System: Mid
- Inside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Outside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28
- Gas Block Diameter: .625″
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.1″
- Barrel Extension: M4 – Nickel Teflon Coated
- Barrel Weight: 1.19 lbs
- Crown Type: Recessed 11-degree Target Crown
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Faxon Firearms Warranty
We do understand that life happens and that often a purchase will need to be returned. Customers may return any product, for any reason, in line with the requirements & policies below.
For any errors on Faxon’s part, after notification from the customer, Faxon will dispatch a Fed-Ex Ground label for the return of the product. Upon receipt and inspection at Faxon, a replacement will be sent to the customer via Fed-Ex Ground with tracking information sent to the customer.
- Faxon will only refund products purchased directly through Faxon Firearms.
- If you purchased a product through one of Faxon’s authorized dealers and would like to return the product for a refund, you must contact the dealer for your refund.
- Merchandise must be in new condition with original packaging
- Merchandise must be return-shipped in a protective box
- A full refund including shipping if the return resulted from our error, otherwise we will deduct the shipping costs from the refund.
- All product replacements done under warranty can be handled by Faxon directly.
- The customer will receive a refund within 10 business days of our receiving your return. The refund issued in the same form of payment used for purchase.
- No return will be granted for a product that is modified in any way
- No returns for refund after 30 days from the delivery date of the product.
- There will be a 15% restocking fee on all returns.