The Geissele 2 Stage (G2S®) trigger is a reduced cost version of the SSA trigger. Cost was reduced by removing laser engraving and changing the pin set.
This trigger is based on the legendary Super Select-Fire trigger that Geissele Automatics developed for the U.S. Special Operations Community.
The Perfect Trigger for All-Around Use
- The G2S is a non-adjustable combat trigger that performs like a match-grade two-stage trigger and allows precise and accurate trigger control. It is recommended for demanding applications such as Squad Designated Marksman (SDM) rifles, Law Enforcement use, and Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and mid-range carbine work.
- It has a pull weight of about 4.5lb - 2.5 lbs on the first stage and 2lb on the second stage. The pull weights and sear engagement are non-adjustable by the shooter. Trigger and hammer are made from quality tool steel.
- Sear surfaces are cut by a wire edm machine. Sears cut this way are very accurate and the non-directional surface finish of the wire edm gives a smooth trigger pull without the associated grittiness of directional machining marks left by a milling cutter.
- The initial force needed to start the disengagement of the sear surfaces is low and the force linearly increases at a low rate. This helps the shot to fall at the initial point of aim and aids in building shooter confidence in his weapons ability to put the rounds where his sight is pointing.
- The G2S trigger allows the shooter to slap through the trigger pull on close in shots but also set up a long range shot with a crisp trigger break. A full force hammer spring is used for quick locktime and positive ignition of all types of ammo. There is no lightened hammer spring used.
- The hammer is lighter than a standard AR15 hammer. The lightened hammer favorably decreases locktime and increases accuracy of the weapon, especially for snap shots.
Easy to install - the G2S is a simple design that is very similar to the original M16 trigger.
- The number of parts is identical.
- There are no adjustment screws to come loose.
- All springs are captive; they will not get lost during disassembly in the field
- The entire trigger can be dissembled for cleaning (no rivets or staked parts)
- The trigger can be installed without removing the safety
- Sear engagement is pre-set from the factory.
- Hammer and trigger pins are a close slip fit into nominal receiver holes so the trigger can be installed and removed with rudimentary tools.
- Triggers come with a slave pin for the trigger/disconnector assembly for easy installation.
Patented design ensures accuracy and reliability
- The Geissele G2S is a 2 stage trigger where there is generous overlap of the sear surfaces which contributes to safety and a low tendency of any inadvertent movement of the trigger to discharge the weapon.
- The Geissele G2S has a patented pseudo sear that is almost identical to the standard AR15 single stage sear. However, this secondary sear has surfaces that never touch during normal operation.
- This sear prevents the hammer from falling unless the trigger is pulled. The secondary safety sear contributes to shooter confidence in dynamic/vehicle situations where a fellow shooter's muzzle may cover position the weapon can never discharge unless the trigger is pulled.
- >Trigger timing is robust and parts have been sized to operate with a certain amount of wear to the working surfaces. The trigger is designed to operate in dusty, abrasive environments that cause wear.
- Size: Standard Mil-Spec Pin
- Trigger Bow Type: M4 Curved
- Weapon Platform: AR15/AR10
- Does not fit HK416 weapons with firing pin safety.
Have Questions About this Product?Ask Us Now
I bought this trigger group to drop into Anderson lower. It dropped in perfectly, as I would expect a product from Geissele to do. I don't have my upper completed yet, so I haven't got to experience the trigger in a live fire setting, but it feels excellent through the take-up, and appears to be crisp through the break. I would personally like to see a little less distance to reset, but that's just my own opinion. The trigger seems to be exactly what they are selling.
and easy to install. The utube's make it sound more difficult than it is. Intuitive once you see it. Put the rifle in a steady vice of some sort so that you can work on it without having to hold it and follow your nose. There are a couple of things you must know but the directions give you that. I enjoyed to process and love the shooting. Take up, break, and reset is very nice. Smooth were needed and crisp at the right time. Much better than stock.
Love this trigger
In September 1969 I was designated Distinguished Graduate of the US Army 45B20 Small Arms Repair school at Aberdeen Proving Ground. At the Infantry School (Fort Benning) and later on a combat support contact team in Quang Tri/Cam Lo I worked on many M16A1 rifles. I also had the honor of building a few rifles for special use in our AO along the DMZ. Trigger jobs were necessarily limited to hand work with stones on mil-spec triggers and hammers. The Geissele two-stage trigger is superlative. The take up is smooth and even and the let off is crisp and consistent. Amazing trigger.
Love this trigger on my M&P15. So smooth and a very simple installation. Never did any gunsmithing before and it was a simple install! Already recommended it to a couple people at the range.