Odin Works 6.5 Grendel Black AR 15 Nitride Bolt Carrier Group – Type 2
Designed For Accuracy & Low Recoil On Your 6.5 Grendel Platform
The Odin Works 6.5 Grendel Type 2 Bolt Carrier Group is a great option to build a new upper chambered for 6.5 Grendel. It features a full mass M16 cut carrier machined from case hardened 8620 tool steel, and finished with a low friction Black Nitride that minimizes the need for lubrication.
The gas key is made of 4130 Steel attached with Grade 8 hardware and properly staked into a milled “valley” to ensure proper positioning.
Constructed From Superior Materials
The Odin works 6.5 Grendel BCG is constructed from superior materials with attention to detail and craftsmanship that’s hard to match. The bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel with a Type 2 bolt face for enhanced reliability. The external surfaces are CNC ground after heat treatment for a precision fit.
Both the carrier and bolt are finished in advanced Black Nitride for low friction and high corrosion resistance.
NOTE: There are “Type I” and “Type II” bolt/barrel specifications, and you CAN NOT mix and match parts for each of them without risk of damage and/or injury. Type II is by far the most popular configuration. A Type I bolt won’t chamber rounds in a Type II barrel. Even worse, a Type II bolt mated to a Type I barrel will create excessive headspace and result in a rifle that is dangerous to fire. Make sure you’re using a Type 2 barrel with this BCG.
- Type 2 6.5 Grendel bolt face.
- True Mil-Spec/M16 Bolt Carrier
- Material: Case Hardened 8620 Steel
- Finish: Black Nitride. This advanced low friction coating minimizes the need for lubricants.
- Gas Key: 4130 Steel attached with Grade 8 hardware and properly staked into a milled “valley” to ensure proper positioning.
- Cam Pin: Hardened 4340 cam pin
- Firing Pin: Mil-Spec firing pin made of 8740 steel, center-less ground, and Hard Chrome coated
- Bolt Assembly: The Bolt is “true” Mil-Spec dimension and external surfaces are CNC ground after heat treat for a precision fit.
- Bolt Material: Case Hardened 9310 Steel.
- Finish: All Bolt components Shot Peened and Manganese Phosphate or Black Nitride
- Extractor: 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated
- Mil-Spec Extractor Spring & O-Ring Combination
- MPI: Magnetic Particle Inspected
- HPT: High-Pressure Test
- Made in the USA.
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
ODIN Works Lifetime Warranty
At ODIN Works your satisfaction is our commitment. We firmly stand behind our products and craftsmanship so If your ODIN Works product is found to be defective, we will repair or replace it free of charge for the life of the part.
The ODIN Works Lifetime Warranty does not apply if the product has been found to be misused, modified, or damaged.
*This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
For claims, please request an RMA.
For any questions or concerns regarding service and/or repairs, please contact us at the details below:
- Telephone: 1-208-906-1405