Preferred by Major Brands – Lightweight and Extremely Accurate
Faxon Firearms Barrels are known for its superior quality and value. This 16″ Pencil Barrel is a favorite among major brands such as Robar, 2A Armament and others for their ideal balance of performance and weight. Manufactured 100% in house, these barrels are fully individually tested to ensure reliability and durability.
- For just over a pound, experience superior accuracy and top notch performance.
- Fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested and 11 degree target crowned to ensure exceptional accuracy.
- Built from 4150 CMV Steel with QPQ Nitride Finish from the inside and out, this barrel is as strong and tough compared to other expensive brands.
- Material: 4150 CMV Steel
- Type: Button Rifled
- Caliber: 5.56
- Twist: 1:8
- Length: 16”
- Profile: Pencil
- Gas System: Mid
- Inside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
- Gas Block Diameter: .625″
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.1″
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Weight: 1.20 lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected!
- 11-degree Target Crown
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Faxon Firearms Warranty
We do understand that life happens and that often a purchase will need to be returned. Customers may return any product, for any reason, in line with the requirements & policies below.
For any errors on Faxon’s part, after notification from the customer, Faxon will dispatch a Fed-Ex Ground label for the return of the product. Upon receipt and inspection at Faxon, a replacement will be sent to the customer via Fed-Ex Ground with tracking information sent to the customer.
- Faxon will only refund products purchased directly through Faxon Firearms.
- If you purchased a product through one of Faxon’s authorized dealers and would like to return the product for a refund, you must contact the dealer for your refund.
- Merchandise must be in new condition with original packaging
- Merchandise must be return-shipped in a protective box
- A full refund including shipping if the return resulted from our error, otherwise we will deduct the shipping costs from the refund.
- All product replacements done under warranty can be handled by Faxon directly.
- The customer will receive a refund within 10 business days of our receiving your return. The refund issued in the same form of payment used for purchase.
- No return will be granted for a product that is modified in any way
- No returns for refund after 30 days from the delivery date of the product.
- There will be a 15% restocking fee on all returns.
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s warranty is subject to change without prior notice.
Satisfied with everything about my purchase. Balances well, shoot nice.
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase.
I used this barrel and the recommended low profile gas block with stainless gas tube on a custom side charger receiver. For a 13.7"-16" length barrel the mid length gas system is hard to beat. It behaves more like the original Stoner design with the 18" rifle length gas system thereby improving the recoil impulse and reliability of cycling. The barrel from Faxon is perfectly machined and fit as designed. Once I dimpled the barrel for the gas block everything stayed in place and has held up to numerous mag dumps. I plan on building this up to be a nice target rifle for my woman. Light weight and accuracy are the top 2 positives of this barrel. For this price I can't see a downside. Buy with confidence.
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase. Cheers!
The fit and finish was fantastic. I put my first build together with some meh parts. One place I didn't make a mistake was buying this barrel. Light and handy rifle.
Building a light AR and purchased this Faxon pencil mid length barrel. It was packaged well and appears to be a quality item. At just over a pound its going to help get my carbine in the 4.5 to 5.5 lb range. The 3 star rating is based on its overall appearance, price and the service provided by AT3. I will bump the rating up or down when I get to put rounds down range. Thanks AT3 for excellent products and service.
Thanks for your feedback, EH. We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase - AB