Ruger AR-556 5.56 NATO AR-15 with 16 Inch Barrel and 30 Round Magazine
This item is regulated, therefore your entire order will be shipped to an FFL dealer of your choosing. After you place your order, we will contact you to finalize these details.
Ruger’s Affordable, Reliable AR-15, Ready for Customization
The Ruger AR-556 16.1″ Rifle is a semi-automatic rifle built from forged aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum receivers. The rifle features a classic-style front sight tower, and a threaded “Delta Ring” that allows quick installation of aftermarket handguards. No tools or straining needed.
If you’re a first-time AR-15 buyer, check out our Guide to Upgrading Your AR-556 with the best accessories to suit your needs!
Hard Coat Anodized, Flattop Upper Receiver
The Ruger AR-556 16.1″ Rifle also features a hard coat anodized, flattop upper receiver that includes a forward assist, dust cover, and brass deflector. It also has a Picatinny rail for simple attachment of backup iron sights and optics.
The AR-556 also utilizes a heavy contour, cold hammer-forged barrel, and ergonomic pistol grip. It is a fantastic addition to anyone’s collection or a great first-time AR for anyone interested in buying one.
- Includes front sight tower and spring-loaded rear sight, perfect for backing up red dot sights.
- The flat-top upper receiver features a Picatinny rail for easy attachment of magnified optic, red dot, or open sights.
- Made from 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forgings, shot-peened and proof-tested 9310 steel bolt, and 8620 steel bolt carrier. The inside diameter of the carrier and gas key are chrome plated and the key is staked for longevity.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting in cold weather.
- Six-position, telescoping, M4-style buttstock, and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear.
- Equipped with a heavy contour, cold hammer-forged alloy barrel with 1:8″ twist rifling that provides exceptional accuracy with bullets from 35 to 77 grains. M4 feed ramps and 5.56 NATO chamber allow the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. ammunition. The barrel and 1/2″-28 Ruger® flash suppressor have a matte black oxide finish to reduce glare and provide corrosion resistance.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flat top upper receiver features a forward assist, dust cover, and brass deflector.
- Also includes one, 30-round Magpul® PMAG® magazine.
- Metal Finish: Black Hardcoat Anodized
- Action: Semi-Auto
- Caliber: 223 Rem,5.56 NATO
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Capacity: 30+1
- Trigger: Single-Stage
- Safety: Manual
- Oal: 32.25″-35.50″
- Weight: 6.7 lbs
- Stock Description: 6 Position
- Receiver Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Sights: None, Optic Ready
- Barrel Description: Heavy Cold Hammer Forged
- Twist: 1:8″
- Barrel Length Range: 16″ to 16.99″
- Weight Range: 6 lbs to 6.99 lbs
- Hand: Right
- Stock Finish Group: Black
- Metal Finish Group: Blued/Black
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Choose what works best for you. Contact us by phone, mail, or submit your question via our online web form. For repairs, please contact us to receive RMA information prior to shipping your firearm.
- Telephone: 336-949-5200
- Fax: 336-949-5300