Compact 20 Round AR-15 Polymer Magazine
The “Shorty” AR-15 Hexmag features modern polymer construction, improved feed lips, and a reliable anti-tilt follower. The magazine’s unique Hexture™ design offers superior grip, which can be further enhanced with Hexmag’s Grip Tape, pre-cut to fit the hexagon design.
This magazine’s lower profile makes it easier to shoot off a bench rest or bipod. Where 30 round magazines may require additional, taller support, this magazine ensures you can get in tight with comfort. Plus, if you plan to change calibers for the bench or field, you can swap out the follower and floorplate using the HexID system to quickly identify your mags by caliber.
- Updated feed lip provides greater reliability with a larger variety of rifles
- Easier seating on a closed bolt made possible by an improved catch-pocket and lead in ramp
- Compatible with stripper clips making loading your Hexmags faster than ever before
- CALIBERS: .223/5.56x45mm, .300AAC Blackout, .458 SOCOM, .50 Beowulf and more
- RIFLES: AR-15s, SCAR 16, IWI Tavor, CZ Bren, Beretta ARX 100 and more
- CAPACITY: 20
- CONSTRUCTION: PolyHex2 Advanced Composite
- COLORS: Black, FDE, Gray, OD Green. Can be assembled custom with HexID colors.
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Hexmag Warranty Information
- Magazines purchased from an Authorized SENTRY Distributor, Dealer, or SENTRY Direct are fully warranted to the original owner against defects in materials and manufacturing processes. (Proof of purchase may be requested).
- IF OUR PRODUCT NO LONGER OPERATES AS INTENDED, SENTRY WILL REPLACE OR REPAIR IT WITHOUT CHARGE TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER.*
- This warranty does not cover failures resulting from:
- User accidents – (ie. loading or using the wrong ammunition)
- Misuse – (ie. using the magazine for a function that it is not intended for or a caliber it was not made for)
- Exceeding the design parameters, function, or deforming the magazine
- Improper care or modifications.
- We do not warrant the use of pinning, gluing or painting of any kind or removal of any material on a SENTRY Hexmag magazine without SENTRY’s consent.
- For more information on our warranty program or to inquire about a warranty claim, please contact us directly.
- Please include a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, along with any images that are relevant, your preferred contact method, and shipping information.
Telephone: 757 689 6064
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s warranty is subject to change without prior notice.
I gave it a 4/5 simply because it does not drop freely when I hit the mag release like Magpul and Lancer mags do. Granted I haven't tried the 30 round version, but the "Shorties" do not fall free. Other than that they work just fine as far as function.. Also to mention, I bought one in black and fde and both have blemishes. Probably just a hexmag thing..but that's also reflected in the price point I suppose.. not sure if I would recommend, but at least they look cool LOL - as far as AT3, great company doing great things!!
Thanks for the great review! We're glad you're happy with your purchase.
Bought a few 20 round magazines because the 30 round magazines are too long when shooting off of a lead sled. Also plenty of rounds when coyote hunting
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase.
Nice mags. They only hold 18 rounds. Not sure why.
Excellent product, but I am having trouble with ejecting. They fit a little tight.