The Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA®) trigger is a semi-automatic-only version of the Super Select-Fire trigger that Geissele Automatics developed for the U.S. Special Operations Community.
The Perfect Trigger for All-Around Use
- The SSA is a non-adjustable combat trigger that performs like a match-grade two-stage trigger and allows precise and accurate trigger control. It is recommended for demanding applications such as Squad Designated Marksman (SDM) rifles, Law Enforcement use, and Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and mid-range carbine work.
- It has a pull weight of about 4.5lb – 2.5 lbs on the first stage and 2lb on the second stage. The pull weights and sear engagement are non-adjustable by the shooter. Trigger and hammer are made from quality tool steel.
- Sear surfaces are cut by a wire edm machine. Sears cut this way are very accurate and the non-directional surface finish of the wire edm gives a smooth trigger pull without the associated grittiness of directional machining marks left by a milling cutter.
- The initial force needed to start the disengagement of the sear surfaces is low and the force linearly increases at a low rate. This helps the shot to fall at the initial point of aim and aids in building shooter confidence in his weapons ability to put the rounds where his sight is pointing.
- The Geissele SSA trigger allows the shooter to slap through the trigger pull on close in shots but also set up a long range shot with a crisp trigger break. A full force hammer spring is used for quick locktime and positive ignition of all types of ammo. There is no lightened hammer spring used.
- The hammer is lighter than a standard AR15 hammer. The lightened hammer favorably decreases locktime and increases accuracy of the weapon, especially for snap shots.
Easy to install – the SSA is a simple design that is very similar to the original M16 trigger.
- The number of parts is identical.
- There are no adjustment screws to come loose.
- All springs are captive; they will not get lost during disassembly in the field
- The entire trigger can be dissembled for cleaning (no rivets or staked parts)
- The trigger can be installed without removing the safety
- Sear engagement is pre-set from the factory.
- Hammer and trigger pins are a close slip fit into nominal receiver holes so the trigger can be installed and removed withrudimentary tools.
- Triggers come with a slave pin for the trigger/disconnector assembly for easy installation.
Patented design ensures accuracy and reliability
- The Geissele SSA is a 2 stage trigger where there is generous overlap of the sear surfaces which contributes to safety and a low tendency of any inadvertent movement of the trigger to discharge the weapon.
- The Geissele SSA has a patented pseudo sear that is almost identical to the standard AR15 single stage sear. However, this secondary sear has surfaces that never touch during normal operation.
- This sear prevents the hammer from falling unless the trigger is pulled. The secondary safety sear contributes to shooter confidence in dynamic/vehicle situations where a fellow shooter’s muzzle may cover position the weapon can never discharge unless the trigger is pulled.
- Trigger timing is robust and parts have been sized to operate with a certain amount of wear to the working surfaces. The trigger is designed to operate in dusty, abrasive environments that cause wear.
- Size: Standard Mil-Spec Pin
- Trigger Bow Type: M4 Curved
- Weapon Platform: AR15/AR10
- Does not fit HK416 weapons with firing pin safety.
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Geissele Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Geissele Automatics warrants its firearms, components, and tools against defects in materials and workmanship during the lifetime of the product.
- Geissele Automatics does not warrant against normal wear and tear, items consumed or expended by their normal use (including springs, pins, etc.), product misuse (including criminal misuse, negligence or use under the influence of drugs or alcohol), accidental damage, or damage caused by improper handling, unapproved modifications to the product, defective or improper ammunition, or corrosion.
- Defective accessories (e.g., scopes, suppressors, flash hiders, sights, slings, parts with glass or electronic components, etc.) may be warranted by their original manufacturers but are not covered by this warranty.
If you submit a valid claim under this Limited Lifetime Warranty, Geissele Automatics will authorize your return of the product and, at its sole discretion, will:
- Repair the product, including replacement of defective parts with new or refurbished parts
- Replace the product with a product of equal or greater value.
If Geissele Automatics decides to replace a product under this warranty, Geissele will keep the product being replaced.
You must satisfy all terms and restrictions set forth in this Limited Lifetime Warranty and obtain a Return Material Authorization before shipping any product to Geissele Automatics.
Before shipping any product to Geissele Automatics, please ensure the following:
- The product has not been modified, is clean and any accessories have been removed (unless otherwise instructed by a Geissele Automatics technical support agent)
- There is no ammunition in any product or packaging
- The completed Return Material Authorization form has been placed inside the packaging
- The Return Material Authorization number has been clearly written on the outside of the packaging.
Any failure to follow these instructions could result in your package being refused and returned to you without repairs at your expense.
To obtain service, contact Geissele Automatics at email@example.com or 610-272-2060.
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s warranty is subject to change without prior notice.
Glad to hear you liked your new trigger, Dariusz! Thank you for your feedback. -- LM
Great upgrade for the X95.....trigger is so smooth and breaks just when it should. Highly recommended. Lightening fast delivery....thanks AT3!
Watched two YouTube videos on install process. Had original out new one in about 15 minutes! Pay attention to videos and supplied paper instructions and there shouldn't be any problem. Can't wait to shoot with new trigger install.
The trigger group went in very easy and I went out and tried it afterwards and it worked great. I am very satisfied with the trigger.
I can't be happier with spending the money on this superior product! Smooth as butter...immediately reduced groups. Nice reset.
First time purchase from AT3 Tactical...won't be the last! Quick Service!