AT3™ AR-15 Bolt Carrier Group - 5.56 NATO/.300 Blackout - Black Nitride
AT3 M-LOK Handguard with Forged AR Upper Combo
Build your rifle the way you want, and save some money by bundling a forged upper with a lightweight M-LOK handguard! This setup is perfect for building out a custom upper, and dropping it onto a milspec lower receiver. With a few simple tools, this AR upper combo kit comes together to make an exceptional package that’s light on cost.
When you buy this kit, you get a stripped forged upper receiver, a lightweight M-LOK handguard, plus an upper receiver parts kit for finishing the dust cover and forward assist. We also offer this kit in a variety of Cerakote colors, so you can really make your rifle your own, with the option to color match on Magpul FDE and OD Green shades.
With 9″, 12”, and 15” lengths rail lengths available, this combo is ideal for starting your next AR upper build. And with our selection of barrels, gas blocks, muzzle devices, bolt carrier groups, and charging handles, you can get the custom upper you need at the right price.
Lightweight & Durable
- Slim and lightweight M-LOK design, with attachment points at the 3, 6, & 9 o’clock positions and lightened Picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position
- Durable 6061 aircraft aluminum alloy construction – designed to take a beating
- Picatinny top rail perfectly aligns with the included billet upper, with matching finish
- Handguard uses screws to clamp around the barrel nut, with anti-rotation tabs and anti-slip screws that ensure a rock-solid lockup
Easy to Install
- Installs clean and secure with only a few simple steps – all you’ll need is a torque wrench, vise block, and vise. Click here to view our instructions.
- Seriously, it’s easy. Torque down the barrel nut, slip the handguard over and tighten down the screws. No need for special plates or adhesives for a rock-solid fit
- Perfect for assembling a new upper build – be sure to check out our selection of upper receiver components for completing a custom job!
- Once you’ve got everything installed, you’ll have plenty of room for M-LOK accessories and adapters.
Exceptional Fit and Finish
- Durable matte-black anodized or Cerakote finishes resist scratches and provide an attractive surface that matches the rest of your build
- Vented top rail reduces weight and dissipates heat from shooting
- Finger grooves down the length of the handguard provide a more ergonomic hold and a unique look
- Fully dehorned and free of burrs and other sharp snag points
- Proudly made in the USA
- Backed by the AT3 Lifetime Warranty
What’s in the box?
- AT3 Forged Upper Receiver
- AT3 SPEAR M-LOK Handguard (Includes all hardware and barrel nut wrench)
- 5-Slot M-LOK Rail Section
- AT3 Upper Parts Kit (Forward Assist and Dust Cover Assemblies)
- Rifle Type: AR-15 (If you have a .308 AR variant, check out our AR-10 / .308 page)
- Receiver Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Black: Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized
- Flat Dark Earth: H-267 Magpul® Flat Dark Earth
- OD Green: H-232 Magpul® OD Green
- Gray: H-188 Magpul® Stealth Grey
- Pink: H-224 SIG™ Pink
- Burnt Bronze: H-148 Burnt Bronze
- Tungsten: H-237 Tungsten
- Titanium: H-170 Titanium
- Handguard inside diameter: 1.35”
- Barrel Nut Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Barrel nut inside diameter: 1.02” (compatible with barrels up to 1” diameter)
- Included Rail Sections: One Aluminum Picatinny Rail Section – 1 3/4” Length, 5 slots
- 9″ Handguard – 9.9 oz
- 12″ Handguard – 10.9oz
- 15″ Handguard – 11.9oz
- Billet Upper – 7.1oz
- Actual Handguard Length
- 9″ – 9.25″
- 12″ – 12.0″
- 15″ – 15.0″
What tools and additional parts are required?
For parts – most setups will require a low profile gas block to sit under the handguard – most barrels will work with the handguard.
For tools – we recommend:
- A vise and non-marring vise block for holding the upper
- Roll pin punch and non-marring hammer for driving in the forward assist pin
- A torque wrench and breaker bar to assure you stay in the AR-15 barrel nut torque range while timing the barrel nut (30-60 ft lbs)
- Blue Loctite for the mounting screws
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
All AT3 Tactical Brand Products carry a lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
This includes AT3 Red Dot Sights, Handguards, Iron Sights, and any other product that carries the “AT3 Tactical” or “AT3™” name. For other brands (ex. Magpul or Troy), please refer to the manufacturer’s warranty policy.
In the event that your AT3™ product becomes unusable, we will repair or replace the product at no charge to you.
If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition. The warranty is fully transferable, but we may require information about the original purchase to validate the authenticity of the product.
If your product is in need of warranty service, please contact AT3 Tactical to start the process
Our contact info is available here. To expedite processing, please provide your order information and description of the defect.
Please note: The AT3 Lifetime Warranty does not cover loss, theft, intentional damage or cosmetic damage that doesn’t affect the performance of the product.
Ordered the FDE combo for my 300BLK rig, been wanting to for a while, and saw this combo come up, so I jumped on it. First off, the color was spot on, matched my magpul grip and buttstock perfectly! Everything went together easily and seemlessly, perfect fit, snug,nothing loose. Love the way the handguard and upper have the piece that "interlocks"to make lining up the rails a breeze! Oiled everything up, and Cycled the charging handle about 30-40 times...give it that quick "break in" and was smooth. Took it out to the range and ran my last 200rds thru with zero issues.
Very happy with this purchase, well worth it! Thanks guys!
Thanks for the great review! We're glad you're happy with your purchase!
Over all quality is good. My only complaint is the the aluminum barrel nut. It feels weak and cheap. Other than that the product is quality