We Ship Fast!
Order by 1PM CST for Same Day Shipping (Mon-Fri)
AT3™ Upper Receiver and SPEAR Handguard Combo
Lifetime WarrantyOn All AT3 Brand Products
All AT3 Tactical Brand Products carry a lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
This includes AT3 Red Dot Sights, Handguards, Iron Sights, and any other product that carries the “AT3 Tactical” or “AT3™” name. For other brands (ex. Magpul or Troy), please refer to the manufacturer’s warranty policy.
In the event that your AT3™ product becomes unusable, we will repair or replace the product at no charge to you.
If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition. The warranty is fully transferable, but we may require information about the original purchase to validate the authenticity of the product.
If your product is in need of warranty service, please contact AT3 Tactical to start the process
Our contact info is available here. To expedite processing, please provide your order information and description of the defect.
Please note: The AT3 Lifetime Warranty does not cover loss, theft, intentional damage or cosmetic damage that doesn’t affect the performance of the product.
Fast & Free Shipping On orders over $50
You will receive fast, free shipping for all orders over $50
Shipping cost is $7.99 for orders under $50. We ship with UPS or USPS, depending on the item.
Most orders received by 1pm CST ship the same day
You will receive an email with tracking information at the time of shipment. To expedite shipping, we may ship your order from multiple warehouses. Orders placed on weekends, holidays, or after 1pm will ship the following business day.
Getting Started on Your Next Build? Go Sleek and Lightweight with our Billet Upper and SPEAR M-LOK Handguard.
The slim free-float design of the SPEAR handguard enhances accuracy while minimizing the weight of your rifle, M-LOK attachment slots and included rail section provide unlimited options for accessorizing your build. Our billet upper matches the contours of the handguard perfectly, for a monolithic look in 3 different finishes.
With 12” or 15” lengths available, the SPEAR handguard is ideal for starting your next AR-15 build, or upgrading an existing firearm. And with our selection of barrels, gas blocks, muzzle devices, bolt carrier groups, and charging handles, you can get the custom upper you need at the right price.
Lightweight & Durable
- Slim and lightweight M-LOK design, with attachment points at the 3, 6, & 9 o’clock positions and lightened picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position
- Durable 6061 aircraft aluminum alloy construction – designed to take a beating
- Picatinny top rail perfectly aligns with the included billet upper, with matching finish and lines for a monolithic look.
- Handguard uses screws to clamp around the barrel nut, with anti-rotation tabs and anti-slip screws that ensure a rock-solid lockup
Easy to Install
- Installs clean and secure with only a few simple steps – all you’ll need is a torque wrench, vise block, and vise. Click here to view our instructions.
- Seriously, it’s easy. Torque down the barrel nut, slip the handguard over, and tighten down the screws. No need for special plates or adhesives for a rock-solid fit
- Perfect for assembling a new upper build – be sure to check out our selection of upper receiver components for completing a custom job!
- Once you’ve got everything installed, you’ll have plenty of room for M-LOK accessories and adapters.
Exceptional Fit and Finish
- Durable matte-black anodized or Cerakote finishes resist scratches and provide an attractive surface that matches the rest of your build
- Vented top rail reduces weight and dissipates heat from shooting
- Finger grooves down the length of the handguard provide a more ergonomic hold and a unique look
- Fully dehorned and free of burrs and other sharp snag points
- Proudly made in the USA
- Backed by the AT3 Lifetime Warranty
Full kit – includes all mounting hardware, plus one M-LOK 5-Slot Rail section and barrel nut wrench.
Note: most rifle setups will require the use of a low profile gas block that sits under the handguard.
Included in the combo:
Billet upper receiver, handguard with aluminum barrel nut and all mounting hardware, one 5-slot M-LOK to-picatinny rail, hex wrenches for handguard and rail sections, and barrel nut wrench.
- Rifle Type: AR-15 (If you have a .308 AR variant, check out our AR-10 / .308 page)
- Material: 6061 Aircraft Aluminum
- Included Rail Sections: One Aluminum Picatinny Rail Section – 1 3/4” Length, 5 slots
- Finish: Hard-coat anodized (matte black)
- Handguard inside diameter: 1 3/8”
- Barrel nut inside diameter: 1.02” (compatible with barrels up to 1” diameter)
- 9″ Handguard – 8.3 oz (handguard only) / 9.9 oz (with hardware)
- 12″ Handguard – 9.3 oz (handguard only) / 10.9oz (handguard hardware)
- 15″ Handguard – 10.3oz (handguard only) / 11.9oz (handguard hardware)
- Billet Upper – 7.1oz
- Actual Handguard Length
- 9″ – 9.25″
- 12″ – 12.0″
- 15″ – 15.0″
Want to see the full kit in action? Check out 704 Tactical’s Review!
What tools and additional parts are required?
For parts – most setups will require a low profile gas block.
For tools – we recommend:
- A vise and non-marring vise block for holding the upper
- A torque wrench to assure you stay in the AR-15 barrel nut torque range while timing the barrel nut (30-60 ft lbs)
Have Questions About this Product?
Very nice, mates up to colt lower very tight, great finish no sharp edges! Love it would definitely recommend!
Excellent product. Definitely will be use at3tactical stuff on next build.
I'll start by saying that I was a little hesitant to "pull the trigger" on this purchase, primarily due to lack of name recognition and very few industry reviews. Now some of my other toys are getting a lot less range time because I can't get enough of pulling the trigger on this beauty.
This purchase was intended as part of a "reasonably priced", light-ish, precision DMR build that I had been planning at the same time as another project I wanted to get to work on. I had two lowers ready to roll, a forged mil-spec small frame and a Juggernaut large frame, with every intention of building out the small frame first. The minute I opened the box I felt like I was going to be short changing this upper if I slapped it on a forged lower. It looks THAT good. Luckily (in the end) my ADD-like nature kicked in and I put this on the back burner for a minute while I switched to doing the large frame first. Part of the large frame build was doing some custom, DIY Cerakote work which spread to multiple weapons, and in the process...
I ended up mounting this upper on a P80 Rhino lower that I had instead. The two look like they were made for each other with the lines from upper to lower matching up perfectly (plus I save a few more ounces on the lower, as an added bonus). After completing the upper build with an 18" fluted, match .223 Wylde barrel from Faxon, capped off with a titanium three port brake from SD Tactical (another highly recommended smaller company). Catching Brownell's skeletonized, light weight BCG at a great sale price ($89! - unreal!) made that a no brainer. End result? A super stiff tack driver that weighs less any other rifle I own (even less than a 10.5" 5.56 pistol I have), is better balanced, and a serious head turner on the range. Fits the hand great too. No need to compromise in the function/fashion/budget debate here.
My one tiny suggestion to AT3, integrated QD sling mount options. But that won't stop me from buying another or recommending thes...
Sexiest thing since the string bikini came on the market!! I bought a spear upper and billet slick side upper for my PSA AR15 pistol and it really does make it look so streamlined with the almost seamless transition between the two parts. The finish is beautiful on both parts as well. And let’s be honest, who has truly ever had to use their forward assist feature other than those who got caught in a fire fight with a dirty rifle from
a previous fire fight. I mean I can go several hundred rounds upwards of 500-600rds with no problems in my ARs without a cleaning or the need for a forward assist. Anyhew you will be just as happy as I was when I first installed this set up. Oh yeah and the weight or lack there of is a major difference from a cast or forged upper. All AR manufacturers should make this type of streamlined upper to hand-guard standard because it makes an already beautiful rifle look flawless. I can’t say enough about how pleased I am with this set up but I will be buying a lot more of these very soon. All of my ARs will
have this set up on it in the very near future. Great job guys! AT3 is the shiznit.
The upper and handgaurd I recieved were in good condition and arrived in a very timely manner. They look good and are very lightweight. Haven't shot with it yet but so far I am very satisfied!