3-Pack AT3 M-LOK Rail Cover - Flag - Black
3-Pack AT3 M-LOK Rail Cover - Retro - Flat Dark Earth
AT3™ M-LOK Rail Section - 5 Slot - Black
AT3™ M-LOK Rail Section – 5 Slot - OD Green
The AT3 SPEAR™ is our best, most secure handguard. Simple to install, lightweight, and easy on the wallet.
The slim free-float design enhances accuracy while minimizing the weight of your rifle. M-LOK attachment slots and included rail section provide unlimited options for accessorizing your build. And with an available Billet Upper to perfectly match the slim profile, the SPEAR (Slim Profile Ergonomic Adjustable Rail) creates a unique look to set your rifle apart.
With 9″, 12”, or 15” lengths available, the SPEAR handguard is ideal for customizing your next AR-15 build or upgrading an existing rifle. If you’re starting from a stock rifle, make sure you purchase a Low Profile Gas Block with the handguard.
Lightweight & Durable
- Slim and lightweight M-LOK design, with attachment, points at the 3, 6, & 9 o’clock positions and lightened Picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position
- Durable 6061 aircraft aluminum alloy construction – designed to take a beating
- Picatinny top rail perfectly aligns with AR-15 flat-top upper receivers, both forged and our AT3 Billet Upper
- Handguard uses screws to clamp around the barrel nut, with anti-rotation tabs and anti-slip screws that ensure a rock-solid lockup
Easy to Install
- Installs clean and secure with only a few simple steps – all you’ll need is a torque wrench, vise block, and vise. Click here to view our instructions.
- Perfect for assembling a new build or upgrading an existing rifle – it’s compatible with most upper receivers on the market
- Once you’ve got it installed, you’ll have plenty of room for M-LOK accessories and adapters
- Seriously, it’s easy. Check out our video below for a guide on the complete installation.
Exceptional Fit and Finish
- Durable matte-black anodized finish resists scratches and provides an attractive surface that matches the rest of your build
- Vented top rail reduces weight and dissipates heat from shooting
- Finger grooves down the length of the handguard provide a more ergonomic hold and a unique look
- Fully dehorned and free of burrs and other sharp snag points
- Proudly made in the USA
- Backed by the AT3 Lifetime Warranty
Full kit – includes all mounting hardware, plus one M-LOK 5-Slot Rail section and barrel nut wrench.
Note: most rifle setups will require the use of a low profile gas block that sits under the handguard.
Included in the box:
Handguard with aluminum barrel nut and all mounting hardware, one 5-slot M-LOK to-Picatinny rail, hex wrenches for handguard and rail sections, and barrel nut wrench.
- Rifle Type: AR-15 (If you have a .308 AR variant, check out our AR-10 / .308 page)
- Handguard Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Black: Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized
- Flat Dark Earth: H-267 Magpul® Flat Dark Earth
- OD Green: H-232 Magpul® OD Green
- Gray: H-188 Magpul® Stealth Grey
- Pink: H-224 SIG™ Pink
- Burnt Bronze: H-148 Burnt Bronze
- Tungsten: H-237 Tungsten
- Titanium: H-170 Titanium
- Handguard inside diameter: 1.35”
- Barrel Nut Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Barrel nut inside diameter: 1.02” (compatible with barrels up to 1” diameter)
- Included Rail Sections: One Aluminum Picatinny Rail Section – 1 3/4” Length, 5 slots
- 9″ Handguard – 9.9 oz
- 12″ Handguard – 10.9oz
- 15″ Handguard – 11.9oz
Actual Handguard Length
- 9″ – 9.25″
- 12″ – 12.0″
- 15″ – 15.0″
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will this fit my AR-15?
The SPEAR is specially designed for use with our matching Billet Upper Receiver as well as the majority of mil-spec AR-15’s on the market. In most instances, it will also require the use of a low-profile gas block that fits underneath the rail.
This product will not work with non-milspec upper receivers like the Bushmaster Carbon due to the non-standard barrel threads, and it is not compatible with most piston kits as they won’t fit under the handguard. Additionally, this rail will not work with gas blocks that are irregularly shaped or exceed 1.3 inches in height or width.
We’re always glad to verify the fit for your rifle, just contact us! And if it doesn’t fit, we are glad to return it for you. And if you’re new to AR-15, we recommend watching a couple of the videos on our installation video page to understand how the process works.
Want to see the SPEAR in action? Check out FreedomLover’s Review!
What tools and additional parts are required?
For parts – most setups will require a low profile gas block.
For tools – we recommend:
- A vise and non-marring vise block for holding the upper
- A torque wrench to assure you stay in the AR-15 barrel nut torque range while timing the barrel nut (30-60 ft lbs)
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
- option 1
- option 2
- option 3
The rail is of great quality and at a very affordable price. I ordered the 9 inch burnt bronze rail to go with my ballistic advantage 10.5" barrel and it looks and fits perfect. I went with this rail because it has the anti rotation tabs. I will definitely come back if i do another build
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you are satisfied with your purchase!
Updated the look of my AR with this new hand guard. Fast shipping, quality finish. Keep up the good work, I'll be coming back for more on my next build.
Thank you for your kind words and for choosing our AT3™ SPEAR M-LOK Handguard for your AR-15. We are thrilled to hear that it updated the look of your rifle and that you were pleased with the fast shipping and quality finish. We appreciate your support and look forward to serving you again for your next build.
Thank you for the feedback! We're glad to hear that you're happy with the product.
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase.