Faxon Firearms AR-10 Match Series – 18 inch Heavy Fluted Barrel – .308 WIN – 5R – 416R – Nitride – Nickel Teflon Extension
Stainless Accuracy, Nitride Durability, and Faxon Quality
The Faxon Firearms AR-10 Match Series – 18 inch Heavy Fluted Barrel – .308 WIN is the ideal component for AR-10 enthusiasts to achieve long-range accuracy and long-term durability that is designed specifically for rifles in .308 Win calibers. It offers much better protection in the bore than any typical barrels and provides a longer barrel life than any typical barrel that uses the 416-R steel.
The Faxon Match Series barrels remain unique with their QPQ finish, providing added resistance to corrosion and less friction down the bore, thus prolonging the barrel life.
Unique Heavy Fluted Design To Dissipate Heat
The Faxon Firearms AR-10 Match Series – 18 inch Heavy Fluted Barrel – .308 WIN features a unique heavy fluted design that not only looks great but also dissipates barrel heat to resist distortion to allow the shooter to take full advantage of the potential of the .308 Win chamber.
It also allows better projectile velocity and makes for an easier-to-clean bore than a traditional rifling pattern. These barrels are manufactured 100% in-house and gone through rigorous testing to ensure durability and optimum accuracy.
Faxon’s MATCH SERIES of barrels takes our renowned performance and value up a notch.
Manufactured 100% in-house from gun-barrel-quality bar-stock, the Match Series starts with 416-R in 5R rifling. 5R is a hybrid rifling, with lands opposite grooves and reduced sharp angles that reduce jacket deformation increasing velocity and easy cleaning. These Match Series barrels are chambered in .308 Win and take full advantage of the 5R rifling. Better accuracy through less bullet jump, but fully and individually MPI tested for your safety. After rigorous testing, the barrels are Nitride treated inside and out, locking in the bore, improving barrel life, and keeping the elements at bay.
The extension is coated in Nickel Teflon which maintains incredible dry lubricity, corrosion resistance, and with the coating, tightens up fit between the extension and receiver – again improving upon accuracy. Combined, the Match Series of barrels are ready for when duty calls or the buzzer beeps with unrivaled performance value.
- Barrel Material: 416-R
- Barrel Type: 5R Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: .308 WIN
- Barrel Twist: 1:10
- Barrel Length: 18
- Barrel Profile: Heavy Fluted
- Barrel Gas System: Rifle (1.1″ Journal)
- Inside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Outside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI
- Gas Block Diameter: .750″
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.1″
- Barrel Extension: DPMS LR-308 Compatible – Nickel Teflon Coated
- Barrel Weight: 2.25 Lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Recessed Target Crown
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Faxon Firearms Warranty
We do understand that life happens and that often a purchase will need to be returned. Customers may return any product, for any reason, in line with the requirements & policies below.
For any errors on Faxon’s part, after notification from the customer, Faxon will dispatch a Fed-Ex Ground label for the return of the product. Upon receipt and inspection at Faxon, a replacement will be sent to the customer via Fed-Ex Ground with tracking information sent to the customer.
- Faxon will only refund products purchased directly through Faxon Firearms.
- If you purchased a product through one of Faxon’s authorized dealers and would like to return the product for a refund, you must contact the dealer for your refund.
- Merchandise must be in new condition with original packaging
- Merchandise must be return-shipped in a protective box
- A full refund including shipping if the return resulted from our error, otherwise we will deduct the shipping costs from the refund.
- All product replacements done under warranty can be handled by Faxon directly.
- The customer will receive a refund within 10 business days of our receiving your return. The refund issued in the same form of payment used for purchase.
- No return will be granted for a product that is modified in any way
- No returns for refund after 30 days from the delivery date of the product.
- There will be a 15% restocking fee on all returns.
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s warranty is subject to change without prior notice.
I recently installed this on a PA10, and have been impressed with the accuracy, especially for how light it feels. When using very good ammo (175gr Federal Gold Medal Match), this barrel is sub MOA at 100yards under ideal conditions. I’ve had no problems with the barrel, and am overall very happy with the overall performance. If you’re looking to improve you rifle’s accuracy, then this is a solid option at a good price point.
Thank you for the positive review of the Faxon Firearms AR-10 Match Series – 18 inch Heavy Fluted Barrel – .308 WIN – 5R – 416R – Nitride – Nickel Teflon Extension! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the rifle and that the accuracy is exceptional.
First one I got all the flutes were razor sharped and chipped up, I contacted Faxon, they sent me another.... same thing, but worse coating, they went and hand selected me one and the third one was decent. Very good and responsive customer service but they have no idea how to manufacture and finish a barrel. They must have lost all their help. The 3rd one is decent for this discounted sale price, I would never pay full price as its just not a nice product. They missed a process before coating, really rough, sharp,..etc. Seems to shoot good and good deal for 245.