We Ship Fast!
Order by 1PM CST for Same Day Shipping (Mon-Fri)
Magpul STR Carbine Stock – Mil Spec AR-15 – MAG470
We have a 90-day no-hassle return policy. We pay return shipping.
If you need to request a return, contact us at email@example.com and we will send you a return label
After 90 days, defective items will still be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, where applicable.
Please refer to the product listing for warranty details. If you have specific warranty questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may direct you to pursue your warranty claim directly with the manufacturer.
Your satisfaction is our #1 priority
If you’re dissatisfied with your purchase, in any way, please contact us at email@example.com – we will do our best to make it right.
You will receive fast, free shipping for all orders over $50
Shipping cost is $7.99 for orders under $50. We ship with UPS or USPS, depending on the item.
Most orders received by 1pm CST ship the same day
You will receive an email with tracking information at the time of shipment. To expedite shipping, we may ship your order from multiple warehouses. Orders placed on weekends, holidays, or after 1pm will ship the following business day.
The Most Comprehensive Stock on the Market – Great Value for Your Money
The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M16 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR®, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design.
A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.*
The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30″ rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Made in U.S.A.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Replaceable 0.30″ Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP® and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear – Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5″ push-button QD swivels (swivel not included)
- Rear/Bottom – 1.25″ sling loops
- Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55″
- Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70″
- Dual-side push-button QD swivel Type 2 Sling Mount
- STR, Mil-Spec (stock configuration)
- Weight: 0.77 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 1.02 lb.
- Length, Maximum: 7.30 in.
- Width, Maximum: 2.58 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 11.10 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.35 in.
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a commercial-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Commercial-Spec STR. Please see the “Related Info” section above to determine which tube you have.
* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension’s dimensional tolerances.
** Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
Standard Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30″ weight: 0.08 lb. Optional Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55″ (weight: 0.11 lb.) or Enhanced Butt-Pad, 0.70″ (weight: 0.13 lb.) may be used with either Mil-Spec or Commercial-Spec STR stocks.
Have Questions About this Product?
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I like the look. I like the feel. Not an exact fit for the Mil-Spec buffer tube from Spike’s Tactical. Got it to go on, but does not extend all the way. I have three settings instead of six. Other than that, it is an awesome product.
Very pleased with the stock on my AR, I run the same stock on another AR and could not be more please. The stock looks good but functions the way it was intended for. The shipment time was amazing. Good job! AT 3 Tactical.
Quality product, fast shipping, no complaints.
Shipped ridiculously fast. Very easy installation and fit perfectly on my VLTOR buffer tube. Magpul products are aways of good quality.