Reduce Recoil, Wear, and Unwanted Rattling
Armaspec’s Stealth Recoil Spring™ is one of the best upgrades for your AR15’s recoil system, and you can feel and hear the difference instantly. The two-stage SRS is silent, eliminating the annoying “twang” of the stock AR15 buffer spring when the action cycles. It also reduces recoil with the multi-spring system, resulting in a smooth, elastic feeling rather than a mechanical recoil impulse.
These springs are the new Gen 4 SRS for 2023. There may be small changes to the product’s overall appearance.
- Silent: Eliminates buffer spring rattling in the receiver extension, resulting in a cleaner sound and a smoother action
- Reduced Recoil: The multi-stage system makes a softer recoil impulse than a standard AR15 buffer spring
- Self-Contained: The SRS keeps constant tension on the rear of the bolt, eliminating the need for the buffer spring retainer in new builds
Which Stealth Recoil Spring do I need?
Generally, most users can follow these guidelines when replacing their recoil system – but each firearm is different, especially when looking at non-standard cartridges. If you need to adjust your system, we have replacement weights and bumpers available here.
- Carbine, 3.3oz Equivalent
- 5.56 NATO carbines/rifles, .224 Valkyrie, builds with adjustable gas blocks/lightweight bolt carriers.
- H1, 3.8oz Equivalent
- Short barrel builds in 5.56 NATO or .300 BLK, 6.5 Grendel, Piston Systems, and Select-Fire 5.56 NATO
- H2, 4.7oz Equivalent
- Suppressed or Overgassed 5.56 NATO, 7.62×39, 6.8 Rem
- H3, 5.6oz Equivalent
- Suppressed for Large Calibers like 7.62×39, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 Rem
- 9mm, 5.4oz Equivalent
- For 9mm builds with removable weight in bolt carrier group (not for other pistol calibers)
- Big Bore
- .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, .50 Beowulf, .50 Action Express
- .308, 5.7oz Equivalent
- For AR10 Rifles in .308 WIN, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6mm Remington, 6mm Creedmoor
Prop 65 Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Armaspec Lifetime Warranty
- All Armaspec products carry a LIFETIME WARRANTY and are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship.
- Should there be a defect, we will repair or replace the product at our discretion at no cost to you.
- Lifetime warranty does not apply to products sold as “blemished” or “manufacturer refurbished”.
- You must have proof of purchase to initiate a WARRANTY claim.
Please email to email@example.com to request an RMA number.
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s warranty is subject to change without prior notice.
Everything that was said about this buffer system. Is real. I shot it in my 10.5 ar15 chambered in 5.56 with a PSA flash can and i noticed a complete difference in the rifle from mag dumping to precision drills ….. will buy another one 10/10
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase.
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase. Cheers!
I don't blame the seller. They do not make this product. Armaspec on the other hand is selling this junk. After 60 rounds through my Bushmaster my rifle jammed. When I tried to clear it the charging handle was locked in place. I hade to remove the buffer tube because I couldn't remove the upper from the lower. What I found was the the capture spring catastrophically failed. I contacted Armaspec and their reply was they would send me the parts to fix it. I replied "I don't want parts. I want to send the spring back to you and the six other Armaspec capture springs that I had installed in my other rifles. I have no confidence in your product and if it fails after only 60 rounds what will it do when I really need my rifle." I spent my Sunday returning my rifles back to original buffer and spring. This product in my opinion is junk and dangerous. The second reply I received from Armaspec was they would send me a new spring. My response again was "I don't want it I have no confidence in your product." Fortunately the spring didn't damage my rifle. Pictures are worth a thousand words. I have not heard from Armaspec since.
So sorry to hear about the issue, Dan. We'll also get in touch with Armaspec to make sure it won't happen again. We appreciate you letting us know.
Having no experience with a captured Buffer Spring, I gave Armaspec SRS a try on my 6.5 PSA Grendel Build. Purchased a H1 as per their recommendation. Initially had problems with FTFs until hand loads were finalized and gas block adjusted....FLAWLESS. So good I purchased a Second one, a CARBINE Buffer for my 223 PSA Wylde build. Thank you for making an affordable and great product.
I had an issue with the spent brass getting caught in between the upper and the bolt. This little baby fixed it. Not to mention felt recoil is nothing by compression. Definitely recommended.
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Alex. We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase. Cheers!