Fortis Switch Mod2 M-LOK AR-15 Handguard
Lightweight M-LOK Handguard with Smooth Vented Grip Area
Like the Mod 1 Switch from Fortis, the Mod 2 M-LOK handguard features a unique lever system, which allows quick installation and detachment of your handguard. A 7075-T6 Aluminum lever retains the handguard on a steel barrel nut, giving you a rigid lock when you’re on mission, and easy customization when you’re at the workbench.
Check out the video below to see how the quick attachment system works, and how easy it is to install this innovative M-LOK handguard.
Fortis offers three lengths, which are ideal for a variety of AR-15 builds. The 15.3″ version fits perfectly on a 16″ barrel, the 13.8″ is deal for a 14.5″ barrel, and the 9.6″ version works best on a or 10.5″ barrel. All versions leave a very narrow gap between the base of the threads and the end of the handguard for near flush-fit suppressor mounting.
The Mod 2 also features a top rail with a shaved-down grip area, with M-LOK slots at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions. In addition, there are extra M-LOK slots at the very end of the handguard, on the offsets. These slots are perfect for inline light or laser mounts.
- Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum handguard with 7075-T6 Aluminum Locking handle
- Picatinny Top Rail with shaved-down venting area
- M-LOK slots at 3, 6, & 9 o’clock, plus off-set locations at end of handguard
- Hard-coat Anodized
- 4140 Heat Treated Barrel Nut (1-7/16 X 16 T.P.I.) – INCLUDED
- Barrel nut torque setting: 40-55 ft/lbs.
- Clamp torque setting: 20 in/lbs.
- Adjustable peg spanner wrench needed to torque barrel nut to spec (not included)
- Made in the USA!
- AR-15 Switch Rail Instructions
- Handguard Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Locking Handle Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Barrel Nut Material: 4140 Heat Treated Steel
- Finish: Hard-coat Anodized
- Internal Diameter: 1.34″
- 9.6″: 6.2 oz
- 13.8″: 8.0 oz
- 15.3″: 9.7 oz
- Barrel Nut: 1.7 oz
- Spec: M-LOK with Picatinny Top Tail