Fortis Switch Mod 1 M-LOK AR-15 Handguard
Quick-Attach M-LOK Handguard to Suit Your Mission
The Switch Mod 1 handguard from Fortis features a unique lever system, which allows quick installation and detachment of your handguard. The robust 7075-T6 aluminum lever interfaces with a heat-treated barrel nut, making a robust attachment system.
Check out the video below to see how the quick attachment system works, and how easy it is to install this innovative M-LOK handguard.
Currently we offer two lengths, which are ideal for two types of popular AR-15 builds. The 15.3″ version fits perfectly on a 16″ barrel, giving you full coverage while having near-flush fit for a suppressor mount. The 9.6″ version works best on a 10.3″ or 10.5″ barrel, again producing a minimal gap between the end of the handguard and a suppressor.
The Mod 1 also features a full-length top rail, with M-LOK slots at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions. In addition, there are extra M-LOK slots at the very end of the handguard, on the offsets. These slots are perfect for inline light or laser mounts.
- Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum handguard with 7075-T6 Aluminum Locking handle
- Continuous Top Picatinny Rail
- M-LOK slots at 3, 6, & 9 o’clock, plus off-set locations at end of handguard
- Hard-coat Anodized
- 4140 Heat Treated Barrel Nut (1-7/16 X 16 T.P.I.) – INCLUDED
- Barrel nut torque setting: 40-55 ft/lbs.
- Clamp torque setting: 20 in/lbs.
- Adjustable peg spanner wrench needed to torque barrel nut to spec (not included)
- Made in the USA!
- AR-15 Switch Rail Instructions
- Handguard Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Locking Handle Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Barrel Nut Material: 4140 Heat Treated Steel
- Finish: Hard-coat Anodized
- Internal Diameter: 1.34″
- 9.6″: 7.08 oz
- 15.3″: 10.04 oz
- Barrel Nut: 1.7 oz
- Spec: M-LOK with Picatinny Top Tail