Magpul MBUS Front Back-Up Sight Gen 2 - MAG247
AT3™ ALPHA Shake Awake Red Dot Sight
Your Trusted Rear Back-Up Sight When The Batteries Fail
The Magpul MBUS Rear AR 15 Back-Up Sight Gen 2 is a low-profile folding rear back-up sight perfect for use alternatively in the event that your batteries fail. Made specifically tailored for the AR15/M16 platform, the MBUS Rear Sight is spring-loaded for fast engagement and can be easily clamped into any Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny rail system.
The sight automatically flips up with just a small amount of pressure on the release tabs and has an adjustable elevation in conjunction with red dot sights to use as 1/3 co-witness. The polymer construction is lightweight but sturdy enough to resists impacts and operational abuse during tactical situations.
Dual Aperture With Detent Knob To Easily Adjust Windage
The Magpul MBUS Rear AR 15 Back-Up Sight Gen 2 features a dual aperture and a detent knob to easily adjust windage. Made from impact-resistant polymer, it’s durable enough to withstand even the most demanding situations. The detent and spring pressure keeps the sight stable and erect but also allows for unobstructed folding under the impact.
The MBUS Rear Sight is compatible with most MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rails and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons. It is very reliable and can be a great rear back-up sight for any tactical or emergency situation.
Impact-Resistant Polymer Construction
- Impact-resistant polymer construction provides lightweight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the dual, same plane flip apertures
- Sight can still be folded with either large or small aperture in position
- Detent knob easily and positively adjusts windage
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.3 oz.
- Height above the rail – stowed: ~0.51 in.
- Center of the aperture to the top of rail: 1.42 in.
- Length – stowed: 2.6 in.
- Length – deployed: 1.5 in
- Made in the USA
- ~0.7 MOA (0.754″/100m) per click with a 14.5″ sight radius
- ~0.5 MOA (0.547″/100m) per click with a 20″ sight radius
Have Questions About this Product?
The AT3 Tactical store has a 90 day no-hassle return policy for products in good condition. You can view the full details of our return policy here.
If you encounter an issue or defect with a product after 90 days of your purchase, you can refer to the manufacturer for a warranty claim. Their policies are below.
Magpul Warranty Information
If you ever experience an issue with a Magpul product at any time, regardless of where it was purchased, please contact us directly and we’ll do everything reasonable to help you.
To make a return, please take the following steps:
- BEFORE returning any products, please contact us first to receive an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) and prominently write it on the outside of the package. Packages will not be accepted without an RMA.
- Include a note with your name, shipping address, phone number and email, RMA number, and reason for the return (including, if applicable, information about the firearm, ammunition, and usage environment for defective returns). Do not send ammunition.
- Wrap the item with quality padding and place it in the original packaging or in an appropriate box for shipping.
- A UPS shipping label will be provided in your shipment. If using the original packaging, remove or cover the original shipping label. Tape the preprinted return shipping label to the outside of the box. Drop package at an official or authorized UPS drop-off location.
- All refunds will be applied to the credit card used for the original purchase. You should allow one to two billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement.
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s warranty is subject to change without prior notice.
This company is elite. My order came in faster than I thought. Mbus sights were snug but will fit with the tap of a hammer.
Thanks for sharing your experience, Cory. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, we're glad we hit the mark for you. Cheers!
Easy to install, easy to adjust, it’s a Magpul… what more is there to say. Buy it!
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you are satisfied with your purchase!
AT3 is spot on with shipping, service, & price. As for the sights, magpul back ups, they work! No batteries needed & they match up the color superbly. Thank you AT3!
Thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear that the MBUS sights work well and that there are no batteries required.
Awesome product. AT3 delivered with great service. Thanks guys!
Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad you're satisfied with your purchase.